This major is designed to provide you with a basic foundation for any kind of counseling, spiritual formation, coaching, or mentoring ministry. You may choose to build on this foundation with further education and/or training specific to an area of specialization, such as pursuing a Master's or Doctoral degree that permits a student to attain state-licensure as a professional counselor. Upon successful completion of this program, you will be prepared to either pursue further education or serve in a context that does not require licensure.
Key elements of the program include:
- Developing a biblical and theological framework for doing counseling with special emphasis on the role of the Holy Spirit as the true Counselor who empowers those who would be effective helpers.
- Acquiring the knowledge and theories that are foundational to counseling and psychology.
- Growing in relationship with God and others.
- Cultivating strategies and skill-sets necessary to doing counseling in a variety of contexts.
- Exposure to various therapeutic approaches to counseling with a special emphasis on Cognitive and Family Systems theories and techniques.
Counseling, Rehabilitation, College Teaching, Clinical Practice, Behavioral Management, Behavioral Research, Psychological Testing, Psychiatric Social Work, Personnel Training, Human Resource Management
Financial Policies and Procedures
Pillar College is committed to providing an excellent cost-effective education for its students. Tuition and fee rates, payable each semester, are set annually according to economic conditions within the college and industry standards.
Annual Full-Time Student Tuition (Domestic)
Annual Full Time Student Tuition (International)
Block Rate (12-17 credits per semester)
*Block rate is not available to LEAD, Online and Independent-study courses
Per credit rate (11 or less; 18 or more credits per semester); all Online and Independent Study Courses are charged at per credit rate
Audit rate per credit
Dual Enrollment (DEED) program per course (not per credit), taken at Pillar College
Note: For the LEAD program, tuition is determined at the cohort start date and remains the same for the duration of that program. Courses taken outside of the LEAD program are charged at then current tuition rates. Enrollment in a LEAD term financially obligates the student for the entire four class semester. General Semester Fees. All Fees are non-refundable.