Take Your Leadership To The Next Level. Become the Leader your Church and Organization needs with a Master’s in Ministry Leadership. Complete in as little as 3 Semesters. Want to Learn More?
Master of Arts (MA) in Ministry Leadership
The MA in Ministry Leadership Program is designed to prepare graduates for careers in a variety of settings including but not limited to:
- Churches (pastors, educational leaders, para-church professionals, missionaries, youth leaders, teachers, worship leaders, and chaplains)
- Chaplaincies in various communities and venues
- Non-profit organizations
- Educational institutions
- Social and human service agencies
The MA in Ministry Leadership Program (MAML Program) is a 36-credit program that offers spiritual, theological and academic training in Organizational Leadership and Church Ministry.
The MA in Ministry Leadership is designed to produce academically, ethically and spiritually competent professional ministry leaders.
People of faith expect the leaders of their local churches and organizations to deliver a variety of diverse services, including sound preaching and teaching, organizational (team) leadership, community development services and marriage, youth, and family counseling.
Upon completion of the MA in Ministry Leadership Program, graduates will demonstrate mastery of the following knowledge and skills:
1. A biblically-based personal foundation for practical ministry leadership, including a “consequential” relationship with Christ.
2. An ability to assess and respond to the spiritual and practical needs of a community in collaboration with social services agencies.
3. Competencies required for individual, team and group leadership.
4. Diagnostic and prescriptive knowledge to engender holistic church health.
5. An ability to apply leadership principles to Christian ministries designed to strengthen communities.
Unique features and benefits of the Program
The MA in Ministry Leadership Program (MAML Program) is a 36-credit program that offers spiritual, theological and academic training in Organizational Leadership and Ecclesial Ministry.
The MA in Ministry Leadership Program (MAML Program) delivery is in a cohort-based scheduled format, 9-weeks course rotation, and face-to-face course instruction.
A distinctive of Pillar College’s approach includes the integration of the Judeo-Christian worldview and faith-based values into the professional curriculum.
Three semesters Expected Program Completion
Program Admission Requirements
Applicants for admission for the Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership Program must satisfy the following admission requirements:
1. Baccalaureate degree, with a minimum of 12 credits in biblical foundations, and a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
2. Three (3) Recommendations:
a. Pastoral Recommendation
b. Professional Recommendation
c. Academic Recommendation
3. Two to three pages double-spaced Admission Essay. Please address the following three areas in your essay:
a. Describe the type of ministry leadership position you desire to serve in ministry/community.
b. How would you describe effective ministry leadership?
c. How would this program assist you in meeting your personal and professional goals?
MAML Program Information Packet 4
Developed 04-09-18; Revised 08-20-18
Program Completion/Graduation Requirements
1. Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better
2. Program completion of the 36 credit MA in Ministry Leadership Program
3. Minimum of 30 credits must be completed through Pillar College
4. All financial obligations must be met
5. Completed application for graduation, filed at the beginning of the semester before commencement
- BSCM-505 Leadership for Church and Mission
- BSCM-615 Pastoral Care and Counseling
- BSCM-620 Community Development and Services
- BSCM-630 Advanced Homiletics
- BSCM-680 Field Experience
Program Costs and Fee’s
Per credit - $595
Per credit semester fee - $66.00
Total per credit cost - $661.00
Total cost for MAML = $23,796
Connect With Us
Share your story, network and get career insights for the major.
Pillar College Facebook Posts
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.