- This event has passed.
FREE – Mental Health First Aid Virtual Training
September 15 @ 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Pillar College Psychology and Counseling Department, along with NJ Department of Health and Human Services, invite you to a
Free – Mental Health First Aid Virtual Training
Virtual Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a ground breaking training program that teaches the skills needed to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance abuse challenges and crises.
Individuals trained in MHFA:
- Grow their knowledge of signs, symptoms, and risk factors of mental illness and addictions.
- Can identify multiple types of professional and self-help resources for individuals with mental illness or addiction.
- Increase their confidence in and likelihood to help an individual in distress.
- Show increased mental wellness themselves.
- Mental Health First Aid First Aiders will complete a 2-hour, self-paced class, and then participate in a 5-hour, Instructor-led class using videoconferencing technology.
- Become a certified First Aid Responder upon successful completion of training and exam
Friday, September 15th, 2023 Time: 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
For further information, contact Dr. Maxine Bradshaw. Email: [email protected] | Phone: 973-803-5000 Ext. 1009
Enter password: Pillar College