“In my time at Pillar College, I have had some of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Any college will give you an education in the classroom, but Pillar gave me so much more than just that…”
– Faith, B.A. Business Administration & Management , Class of 2016
Pillar College offers Adult students the opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree for the advancement of their professional careers and for personal achievement through our LEAD – Life Enhancing Accelerated Degree program. Students proceed through the program utilizing a collaborative small group format, called a cohort. Cohorts proceed through a well-planned series of courses and experiences leading to the completion of a bachelor degree at an accelerated pace of approximately 18 – 20 months.
Did You Know?
Accomplishing anything worthwhile involves time, energy, and effort but the results are worth it. The U.S. Census Bureau shows that the average individual with a bachelor degree earns much more than those with a high school diploma or associate degree. Specifically, the individual with a bachelor degree earns nearly $237,000 more over their career, or $24,000 more per year, than a person with only a high school diploma. Also, on average, a bachelor degree is worth about $15,000 more per year over an associate degree.
The unique Benefits and Features of our LEAD program
- Complete your degree without interrupting your career – classes meet just one night a week and will meet the same night in the same location for the entire program.
- Take one class at a time – You do not have to balance several courses at once.
- Small classes of approximately fifteen people – You will learn through the program together and experience support, friendship and encouragement.
- An interactive, participatory seminar-type learning experience – leverage the knowledge you have acquired and past practical experience for immediate application in your professional and personal life.
- New possibilities, new careers and even graduate school.
Here’s what our graduates are saying:
“Attending the LEAD program at Pillar College was a very challenging and fulfilling experience. I enjoyed being surrounded by the love and encouragement of my cohort, who reminded me that quitting was not allowed…I leave Pillar College in confidence, knowing I am well prepared for the next step that God has planned for me. I look forward to pursuing a Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work in the near future.” – Helen, B.A. Psychology and Counseling, Class of 2014
LEAD Degree Program
Earn a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Organizational Leadership or a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Counseling through our LEAD program.
- Graduation Requirements
- Program Description and Course Requirements
To graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree the student must successfully complete 120 semester hours of credit:
- Complete 48 semester hours (credits) in LEAD with at least a “C” (2.0) average.
- Complete or have completed 45 semester hours (credits) in General Education including:
- Humanities 6 hours
- English language 12 hours
- Social Science 9 hours
- Math/Science, 6 hours
- Media and Technology 3 hours
- General Education Electives 9 hours
- Earn or have earned additional 27 elective semester hours (credits)
- Credit by Examination (CLEP and/or DSST)
- Prior Learning Assessment
- On Line Education
- Accelerated General Education Offerings
- Transfer from another institution
- Satisfy the community/Christian service requirements as required by the College
- Be current on all financial obligations with the College
- Attend commencement activities
Program Description: The Organizational Leadership program is designed for those who seek to strengthen their leadership capabilities in non-profit, faith based, business or community organizations. The student will develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, while learning to be an effective leader. Organizational Leadership is designed for students who desire to enhance their capacity to understand and lead strategic change and renewal in organizations.
Course Requirements: Organizational Leadership Accelerated Degree
Psychology and Counseling
Program Description: The science and profession of psychology continues to experience major growth and diversity. Psychology and Counseling majors will not only master the foundation of the major psychological perspectives in the field, but will be able to evaluate each theory based on theological principles. There is a solid internship program, through collaborations with licensed professionals, non-profit organizations and mental health treatment facilities provide mentorship, empowerment and enrichment. Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be prepared to either pursue further education or serve in a context that does not require licensure.
Course Requirements: Psychology and Counseling Accelerated Degree