Pillar College is hiring. If you desire to work in a growing, Christ-centered higher-education work environment, this is the place for you. When opportunities are available, please send letter of interest and a resume with at least 3 references to email@example.com. Please include a personal statement of faith in your letter of interest.
Job Title: ADJUNCT FACULTY
Department: Elementary Education
Position: Regular Part-Time
Pillar College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and is a member of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), Pillar College offers Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. The College has locations in Somerset, Newark, and Paterson, NJ, and other instructional sites throughout New Jersey. Pillar College invites applications for adjunct faculty in the field of Elementary Education to be assigned for a specific course in a semester or summer session on an as needed basis.
• Must possess a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline by May 2019;
• Possess teaching experience preferably at the K-6 elementary level or in a related field;
• Advanced communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal);
• Knowledge of effective instructional practices for educating adult learners including experiential and active learning strategies;
• Experience teaching in a diverse, urban context;
• Able to respond appropriately to the academic, social, and cultural, needs of diverse adult learners; and
• Comfortable with the use of technology in the classroom to enhance instructional methods.
• Teach 8-week, evidence-based courses in an undergraduate teacher preparation program;
• Deliver courses in a hybrid delivery format as required;
• Contribute to course development and assessment strategies as necessary;
• Actively support the learning environment striving to create and support a student-centered approach;
• Be available to coach and advise students;
• Maintain student attendance, grades, and other necessary documentation;
• Participate in person or via technology in mandatory professional development if required; and
• Adhere to CAEP and New Jersey teaching standards within instructional delivery.
To apply submit a letter of application, resume/curriculum vitae, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and a Statement of Faith. Submit materials to HR@pillar.edu.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Job Title: ADJUNCT FACULTY
Department: Academic Affairs
Position: Regular Part-Time
Pillar College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and is a member of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), Pillar College offers Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. The College has locations in Somerset, Newark, and Paterson, NJ, and other instructional sites throughout New Jersey.
Pillar College invites applications for adjunct faculty in the fields of:
• Business: Executive Management
• Christian Ministry
• Community Outreach Ministry
• Cultural Diversity
• Intercultural Communication
• Organic Chemistry and/or Applied Chemistry
• Leadership Development
• Youth and Family Counseling/Ministry
Candidates must have completed at least a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline by May 2019. We seek interdisciplinary applicants with experience teaching in a diverse, urban context Applications should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and a statement of faith. Applications should send materials to HR@pillar.edu
Job Title: Admissions Coordinator
Our Admissions team is focused on positively impacting the lives of today’s college-bound students. This team is committed to building high-impact relationships in order to guide and assist students through our College’s enrollment process.
The Admissions Coordinator is an exciting position for an energetic, fast-paced, goal-oriented and results-driven individual who is passionate about Christ-centered Higher Education and helping students succeed. The Admissions Coordinator will be the face of our College and represent our College with the highest ethics as he/she works with prospective students to enroll and enable them for success through their educational journey. The Admission Coordinator will be able to work alone and with a team — to meet our College’s expectations and reinforce a high quality, end-to-end learner experience.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please.
Job Title: Student Worker
Position: Part-time hourly (not to exceed 20 hours weekly)
Status: Federal Work Study
Student worker, preferably a business major with interest in marketing. Student will assist staff in coordinating office procedures or activities in the Communications Department.
- General Supervision
WORK PERFORMED includes but is not limited to the following:
- Manager incoming and upcoming project calendar
- Filing documents in departmental files
- Make phone calls on behalf of the department
- Manage E-blast list
- Copying, sorting and shredding materials
- Compiling information as requested by the departmental supervisor
- Checking and verifying work to maintain accuracy of outgoing collateral
- Conducting research using the internet as requested
- Scheduling appointments for the department
- Other projects as assigned
- Upload social media content as need
- Current enrollment as a matriculating student with a cum GPA of 2.5 or above
- Commitment to Christ.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills interacting with students, parents, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Multi-tasked orientated, attention to detail, self-starter
- Must have an interest in learning business marketing
Pleasant, professional environment. Shared office space. Regular interaction with staff, faculty and students. Required to work non-business hours during enrollment and registration periods.
75% of the time is spent sitting at desk using the computer and phone.
Job Title: English and ESL Instructor
Status: Adjunct Faculty
Pillar College is seeking qualified and experienced ESL and English instructors to teach day, evening, and weekend courses in composition and literature at various locations in New Jersey and Florida: Newark, Paterson, Somerset and Miami.
Qualifications for English instructors: Ph.D or master’s degree in English Literature or Rhetoric and Composition.
Qualifications for ESL instructors: Master’s degree in TESOL, or closely related field; TESOL/ESL certification completed.
Job Title: Director of Library and Career Services
Department: Student Engagement/Academic Affairs
Status: Faculty Status
ABOUT THE PILLAR COLLEGE LIBRARY
The Pillar College Library plays a vital role in supporting the mission of the institution in addition to keeping strong faculty/student research resources.
The library serves the combined locations of the college, containing approximately 700 students, 112 faculty and adjuncts and 66 support staff. The library servers as an environment conducive to study and research. It operates on a twelve month calendar year. Open daily during the academic year with adjustments for summer and holiday hours.
The Pillar College Library contains over 3000 print volumes and provides access to a large variety of databases.
Overview of the Roles and Responsibilities of the Director of the Library
The Director of the library is responsible for providing strong leadership in areas of library management, to include personnel management, organization, strategic planning, priority setting, fiscal management, policy and program development and facilities planning and maintenance.
For future hiring in this position I would encourage the college to seek an applicant with significant experience with budgets, library operations, recruiting/hiring, professional leadership, development of Long range plans in the areas of instruction and financially.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Library Services
* Appreciate the diverse needs of library patrons, such as undergraduates, graduate students, professional students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community, and promote a service based environment to support these constituencies effectively.
* Plan and manage the resources of the library to meet current needs as well as plan for future initiatives.
* Ensure that the library stays at the forefront of changes in technology, communication, instruction, outreach and delivery of information.
* Foster relationships with the college community and external sources to improve library services and facilities, enhance the quality of resources, and increase operational efficiency.
* Align library services with advances in research, instructional delivery, curriculum development, and academic study.
* Provide leadership to staff and students.
* Develop, implement and advance the Libraries’ mission and the mission of Pillar College.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Career Services
* Design, develop, execute and evaluate a comprehensive career development program which supports student satisfaction and graduation outcomes; organizing and sharing responsibilities with staff where appropriate.
* Organize job fairs, events and/or coursework for career preparation curriculum, advising academic leaders and faculty where appropriate.
* Coordinate with Academic Chairs, Deans and Alumni on discipline-specific professional networks as sources for internships and job placement opportunities
* Counsel students one-on-one regarding all career services offered, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate. Refer students to other help resources, such as psychological counseling, if and when indicated.
* Partner with faculty to help students develop self-promotional tools such as web pages and Linkedin profiles, and/or special skills in areas such as grant writing, discipline-specific networking and applying their developing arts skills to related industries.
* Incorporate service tools such as Career Assessment Inventories, and job posting systems
Education & Experience
* Earned Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences from an ALA accredited college or university
* Five years or more of academic teaching and/ or administration and supervision in higher education or in organizations requiring comparable skills and background.
* Commitment to Pillar College Christian distinctives, including a Christ-centered curriculum, an evangelical theological approach, and appreciation of diverse Christian backgrounds and traditions.
* Vibrant Christian walk, characterized by mature relationships with others, consistent devotional life, and active involvement with local church.
· Articulate in written and oral communications.
· Able to develop teamwork while organizing people and ideas.
· Creative in problem solving and conflict resolution.
· Initiates ideas and inspires responsibility appropriately.
· Maintains high expectations and positive collegial relationships.
· Adaptability within a diverse and urban cultural community.
Pleasant, professional environment.
Regular interaction with staff, faculty and students.
Long periods of standing in the classroom during instruction. Light to heavy depending on upon assignments.
To apply, send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to HR@pillar.edu